8x 10cm square puff pastry sheets
3 medium bananas, peeled
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
50g flaked almonds
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup corn flour
1. Mash bananas in a bowl. Add vanilla, sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Mix in almonds, then mix in corn flour.
2. Add mixture to small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sauce thickens or begins to stick to the pan (don’t let it stay too long or it will burn!)
3. Turn off heat and allow mixture to stand until thick/no longer watery.
4. Spoon mixture into a line in the middle of the pastry squares. Roll them up and place them on an oven safe tray (I prefer to line it with aluminium foil).
5. Bake in 180°C oven for 20 mins, or until pastry is puffed and slightly brown.
2 thoughts on “Banana Puffs”
Sounds yummy Dom! Do you eat them warm with cream/icecream?
Definitely serve them warm! I haven’t had it with cream or ice cream, but I think it would be nice with either 🙂